Tim Jones, Chief Executive Officer, Publicis Media, Americas has today announced the following key leadership appointments for operations in the United States:
- Kathy Ring has been named Chief Executive Officer, Starcom USA, succeeding Lisa Donohue who was previously elevated to Global Brand President for Starcom;
- Sean Reardon will become Chief Executive Officer, Zenith USA, as Lou Rossi moves into a new executive investment role across Publicis Media in the U.S. as Chief Investment Officer, reporting to Dave Penski, Chief Executive Officer, Publicis Media Exchange, PMX. Sean Reardon will continue as CEO of Moxie, the digital marketing agency aligned to Zenith. At same time, we are announcing the promotion of Sean Peters to President Zenith USA, based in New York;
- Jason Whiting has been named CEO of MRY. Matt Britton becomes Chairman.
- Previously announced U.S. brand leadership includes Chris Boothe, U.S. Chief Executive Officer, Mediavest | Spark and Dave Ehlers, U.S. Chief Executive Officer, Optimedia | Blue 449;
- Dan Mattei has been named Chief Financial Officer, Americas and Barbara Jobs Chief Talent Officer, Americas;
- Kathy Ring, Sean Reardon, Dave Penski, Jason Whiting, Chris Boothe, Dave Ehlers, Dan Mattei and Barbara Jobs will all report to Tim Jones.
“This strong roster of leaders will drive new levels of scale, business transformation, and client value,” said Tim Jones. “I look forward to working closely with these leaders as we deliver upon the promise of our organization—a modern approach to gain efficiency and introduce structures for greater collaboration and effectiveness.”
Starcom USA’s new Chief Executive Officer, Kathy Ring, is a 30-year veteran of the brand, most recently serving as President, Chief Operations Officer for Starcom’s Los Angeles office. While in Los Angeles, Ring led media strategy and investment on behalf of clients including Dave & Busters, Del Monte, Disney, Electronic Arts, Mattel and The North Face, among others.
At Zenith U.S., Sean Reardon assumes his new leadership position after having served as Chief Executive Officer for Moxie and ROAR, Publicis Groupe data, technology and content solutions. Reardon had previously spent time at Zenith Media, Publicis & Hal Riney, Goodby Silverstein & Partners and AKQA.
Prior to joining MRY as CEO, Jason Whiting served most recently as Global Managing Director for Huge, leading client services and new business. He was also Managing Director for Schematic and SKINNY and Chief Operating Officer of Redscout. Prior to this he was Managing Director of AKQA in Washington D.C. and New York, and at Accenture as a Strategy Director.
The reorganization of Publicis Groupe’s media capabilities into a Publicis Media hub is part of Publicis Groupe’s transformation efforts previously announced. Publicis Groupe is organized into four Solutions Hubs — Publicis Communications led by Arthur Sadoun, Publicis Media led by Steve King, Publicis.Sapient led by Alan Herrick and Publicis Health led by Nick Colucci—and connected through a Chief Revenue Officer organization, led by Laura Desmond, which will deliver client impact leveraging Publicis Groupe’s entire range of services.
Additionally, Publicis One will service markets outside of Publicis’ Top 20 with a global communications enterprise operating across Publicis Communications, Publicis Media, Publicis.Sapient and Publicis Health.