Elements of the Myth
We’ve built our cultural definition over eighty years of pop culture and media. This definition is made up of several assumptions about the middle class that collectively make up a middle class myth. We assume they’re hard-working, moral and the backbone of American culture. In this chapter, we explore:
• The elements that make up this myth
• How pop culture reinforces them
• How these elements have always been less realistic and more aspirational
• How the middle class today stacks up against these elements
• What brands can do to bring media closer to reality
Read the full report here.